It is so annoying when Royal Mail tries to deliver a parcel to you but you are not at home or office so that you have to go to your local delivery office to collect it. But now the problem has been solved by Royal Mail redelivery service. All you need is to arrange a redelivery online and it only takes you a few minutes.
Royal Mail Redelivery Service Instructions
When Royal Mail can not delivery an item to you because nobody was there to sign for it or, it was too big for your lettlebox, Royal Mail will leave a “Something for you card” to explain why it was unable to delivery and tell you how to redelivery or collection. Besides going to the local delivery office to collect, you can also arrange a redelivery to your own address, or your local Post Office branch or another address in your postcode area. To book a redelivery online,
- Click on the “Book a Redelivery” button on the homepage.
- Fill in your redelivery details including your personal information such as your full name, email address, phone number, address information. If “Something for you card” says there is more than one item for you, please submit a separate redelivey request for each item.
- Please enter your item redelivery details such as the date on the card, the type of your item, the reason to nondelivery and item reference number. You need to use the information on the “Something for you card” to fill in the required field.
- Choose when do you like Royal Mail to redelivery and where would you like it to redelivery.
- Review all the information you have entered. If you want to change it, please click on the “Change address details/items details/address/date” link to revise. After checking all the information, please click on “Confirm” button to finish the redelivery process.
Before you are going to submit a redelivery service online, there’s something you should know: you need to leave 48 hours before Royal Mail can redeliver an item to you. This will allow time for the item to get back to the delivery office and be assigned for the redelivery. Royal Mail can only deliver to a different address within the same postcode area. A postcode area is determined by your local Delivery Office and is the area that they deliver to. Royal Mail cannot redeliver to an address outside of this area.
If you have any questions, please enter your keywords to the search box on the right side to get help or refer to FAQs to find answers.
Booking a redelivery online at royalmail.com/redelivery avoids lots of trouble. Get this service if you need.
About Royal Mail
Royal Mail is the government-owned postal service in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Royal Mail Holdings owns Royal Mail Group Limited, which in turn operates the brands Royal Mail and Parcelforce Worldwide. Post Office Ltd. (counters) and General Logistics Systems, an international logistics company, are wholly owned subsidiaries.
- Royal Mail Redelivery Service FAQs – royalmail.com/delivery/inbound-mail/redelivery/faqs
- Royal Mail Homepage – royalmail.com
- Royal Mail on Facebook –
- Royal Mail on Twitter –