The Indiana Department of Education designed ISTEP+ (Indiana Statewide Testing for Educational Progress-Plus) to support students’ success, along with the web-based Parent Network to help parents and school administrators view students’ ISTEP+ scores, monitor students’ progress and access resourceful Indiana educational resources.
Indiana Parent Network Instructions
The ISTEP+ Parent Network reaches parents and guardians who can be as much involved in student progress as they want. This informative resource provides overall and topic level scores for all subjects, student action plan, including results, activities and assessments, clear explanations of scores and state standards, and joint activities for parents and students. Parents and users need a letter from your child’s school containing a 16-digit Invitation Code that allow you to access the Parent Network.
The purpose of Parent Network is to:
- Provide parents with a simple, secure way to view and understand their child’s assessment results;
- Foster a learning partnership between parent and child;
- Help parents take informed action to support and enhance their child’s learning.
To create an account on the Parent Network website, you need to:
- Go to the Parent Network secure login page and click the first link under “New User?” to enter your Invitation Code.
- Type your Invitation Code as it appears in the letter from your child’s school, then click submit.
- Review the information listed about your child, then click submit to confirm.
- Fill in your name, email address, and home language, then create a username, password and 3 responses to 3 security questions. Click submit.
- Read the website’s Terms of Service. If you accept them, click “Acknowledge” of the terms and conditions and “I Agree”. If you do not accept them, you will not be able to enter the site.
- Click “OK” to log into your account.
You can add an invitation code to your account so as to manage your account in one account. School administrators use this system to support parents with questions about the Parent Network in your state or school district. There is no established number of times to visit the Parent Network website, but the more you use it, the greater the benefit to your child’s learning is likely to be. You can find FAQs about Parent Network at indiana.ctb.com. If you have not found the answers you need after reviewing the questions below, please click the “Need More Information?” link at the right of the site this link directs you to. Tutorial links for parents and school administrators are on the homepage.
At this time, you will not be able to view Spring 2013 results. Scores are anticipated to be released in late July.
Log into your account and check your child’s scores at inparentnetwork.com.
About Indiana Parent Network
Indiana Parent Network is brought by the Indiana Department of Education, funded by the state of Indiana, and operated by CTB/McGraw-Hill. This web-based service helps parents support their children’s learning in elementary through high school with high-quality resources, better understand the results of standardized assessments and find engaging ways to improve essential skills they measure. Parents can help by playing an active role in child’s education. This site offers parents possibility to access child’s personalized resources, activities, and information, which will help support their child’s education throughout the year. It also offers child’s assessment results to help parents understand strengths and learning needs.