You have a variety of housing options to consider when living in Tower Hamlets. Whether you want to swap your home, or look for seaside and country homes, or choose shared ownership, there is lettings scheme for Council and Housing Association properties in Tower Hamlets Homeseekers.
Tower Hamlets Lettings Scheme Destination Instructions
Welfare Reforms may bring financial hardship to some households in Tower Hamlets. You have the option now to place a web bid for a property smaller than your assessed bedroom need.
- Log in to search for available homes.
- You can click on “Properties” to view all the currently advertised properties and find out which ones you are eligible for.
- Refine your search results by entering your search criteria and press “Search”.
- Select the property and hit “Apply Now”.
- Review the contact address and select “Click here to continue”.
- Confirm your bid by clicking “I wish to be considered for this property”.
Use the calculator to decide whether you can afford an Affordable Rent property. The “Results” section on the top of Homeseekers lists housing demand and lets. “A.H.R.” stands for Accessible Housing Register. Seven categories from A to G offering different housing standards from wheelchair accessible to properties not yet assessed. You can find other useful websites for other schemes in “Links” section. All the official contact information can be found in “Contact Us”.
The Mayor of London’s Housing Mobility scheme allows tenants of London boroughs or housing associations to move outside their existing borough to a different part of London. Tower Hamlets is a part of the Olympic Park is in Tower Hamlets; containing the world’s biggest McDonald’s and the World Square. Housing Moves scheme now offers new homes in the Olympic Park. More information please visit thhs.org.uk/Data/Pub/StreamTemp/zeei0jtq.pdf.
InComE project helps non-dependant adults living in an overcrowded home and who are not the tenancy holder. This is an SBHA project for those living in one of our homes or a council or another housing association home in Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith, Haringey, Hillingdon, Hounslow and Tower Hamlets.
Text view and three text sizes are available at Homeseekers. You can see the new lettings policy to check out the changes to housing priority. The copy of this policy will be updated shortly on thhs.org.uk.
About Tower Hamlets
The London Borough of Tower Hamlets is located to the east of City of London and north of the River Thames. It is one of the most ethnically diverse borough in London. Christianity and Islam are tow main religions most practiecs in the borough. Tower Hamlets is one of five host boroughs for the 2012 Summary Olympics. The local authority is Tower Hamlets London Borough Council.
- Housing Application Form – thhs.org.uk/Data/Pub/StreamTemp/qex5d0d5.pdf
- Housing Moves Homepage – housingmoves.org
- Car Free Homes & the Permit Transfer Scheme – thhs.org.uk/Data/Pub/StreamTemp/cy1o3m0k.pdf
- Partner Landlords Page – thhs.org.uk/Data/ASPPages/1/33.aspx
- Health Assessments – thhs.org.uk/Data/Pub/StreamTemp/lixon1ff.pdf