A settlement has been proposed in a class action lawsuit regarding California Charlotte Russe store requesting and recording customers’ Personal Identification Information. If the Court gives final approval to the Settlement, Charlotte Russe will provide for each eligible Class Member a Voucher for either $10 off of any merchandise purchase or 20% off of any merchandise purchase.
Settlement with Charlotte Russe Instructions
The Action alleges that Charlotte Russe violated California Civil Code section 1747.08 by requesting and recording Personal Identification Information, including, but not limited to, email addresses, of California Charlotte Russe Store customers who paid for merchandise using a credit card between August 26, 2010, and March 14, 2013, and seeks civil penalties and attorneys’ fees. However, Charlotte Russe denies any wrongdoing and any liability. The Court did not decide in favor of each side. Instead, both sides agreed to the Settlement to avoid the risks and costs of trial, and the Class Member will receive relief now.
Your legal rights and options in this Settlement are as follows.
- Submit a Claim Form by August 26, 2013. This is the only way to get payment. Click “Claim Form” to file it online or download and view a personalized Claim Form.
- Exclude yourself by June 27, 2013. You get no payment. It is the only way that allows you to ever bring or maintain your own lawsuit against Charlotte Russe regarding the allegations in the Action ever again.
- Object by June 27, 2013. You may write to the Court about why you object to the Settlement and think it shouldn’t be approved.
- Go to the hearing on July 23, 2013. You may, but are not required to, speak at the Fairness Hearing about any objection you filed to the Settlement.
- Do nothing. You get no payment and also give up your right to object to the Settlement.
As part of the proposed Settlement, Class Members who timely file a valid Claim Form are eligible to receive their choice of a Voucher for either $10 off of any merchandise purchase (no minimum purchase required) or 20% off of any merchandise purchase (no cap).
You can view important documents by clicking the “COURT DOCUMENT”.
Please visit orozcosettlement.com to see the detailed information if you are involved in the lawsuit. The FAQs offers you the common questions and answers, and you can click it for help.
About Charlotte Russe
Charlotte Russe is a specialty retail chain store in the United States. The company is targeted toward women in their teens through twenties, however serves a multitude of women who enjoy fashion. It is headquartered in San Francisco with operational offices down the coast in San Diego, Among fab, fashion-forward merchandise. Charlotte Russe began in 1975 and the company was acquired in 1996 by the investment firm of SKM which aims at expending Charlotte Russe into a national chain of shopping mall stores. The company has grown since it started with a few stores in California, currently operating more than 501 stores nationwide.
- Charlotte Russe Homepage – charlotterusse.com
- Charlotte Russe on Facebook –
- Charlotte Russe on Twitter –
- Charlotte Russe on Pinterest – pinterest.com/charlotterusse
- Charlotte Russe on Instagram – instagram.com/charlotterusse