A juror questionnaire or summon delivered by courts is one of the first steps for the juror selection. It is mainly used to determine if a citizen is eligible to serve as a juror. Besides, requesting to reschedule your reporting date or to be excused according only to your age is available here as well. Having received one from New Jersey Courts, you are now able to conveniently respond to it online.
New Jersey Courts Summons for Jury Service Response Tips
- When receiving a New Jersey Judiciary’s Juror Questionnaire/Summon, you need to answer it correctly because failure to complete it or a false statement may result in a $500 fine and/or contempt of court.
- Qualifications of Jurors. The juror must be a US resident of the county where the person is summoned, aged 18 or older with English ability. Additionally, the juror shall not have been accused of any indictable offense or have any mental & physical disability. Head for Reference Link 3 to view more details.
- Even if you are not qualified, finishing and submitting the questionnaire is a must.
- An excuse request based only on age is accessible ONLINE if you are 75 or older while requesting to be excused for medical reasons or hardship is NOT permitted ONLINE. To learn more permissible excuses, click on the link at Reference Link 4 below.
- You can’t respond ONLINE if it is within 1 day of your summons date.
- Contact the Jury Management Office through Reference Link 2 when you are not sure who the summons is intended for.
Your New Jersey Courts Summons for Jury Service Response Detailed Instructions
- Visit njcourts.com/juror and click the button marked “Continue to Questionnaire” in the right bottom corner of the page to get started.
- Provide the county, your full name and 9-digit participant number located on your summons. Hit “Submit” to continue.
- Follow the prompts to finish answering your New Jersey Courts questionnaire based on your real personal details.
- To process your response to the summons on the go, download the app at Reference Link 5 in the bottom of the post.
Need any help, view the FAQ via Reference Link 1 below or directly contact the Jury Management Office.
About New Jersey Courts
New Jersey Courts is one of three branches of New Jersey state government established in 1947. Every year, millions of cases are filed here including education, crimes, car accidents, divorces, adoptions and more.
- New Jersey Courts Summons FAQ – judiciary.state.nj.us/juryreporting/juryfqa.pdf
- New Jersey Courts Jury Management Office Contact Information
- Qualifications of Jurors
- New Jersey Courts Summons Permissible Excuses
- NJJuoor App for iPhone/iPad Downloading
- New Jersey Courts Official Site – judiciary.state.nj.us