Were you a customer of Energy Plus Holdings LLC or Energy Plus Natural Gas LLC in New York, Maryland, Connecticut, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Texas, Illinois, Ohio, or Massachusetts, at any time up to and including October 15, 2012? If you were, your rights may be violated by this company.
Defend Your Rights against Energy Plus Instructions
Plaintiffs Angela Wise and Gideon Romm, on behalf of themselves and those who have similar claims, have file a lawsuit against Energy Plus on October 18, 2011, alleging that this energy supplier wasn’t honest with its customers about its electric and gas rates. They were higher than prevailing market rates. Although Energy Plus denied these allegations, the Court finds for the purposes of preliminary approval, that the proposed settlement, as set forth in the Parties’ Settlement Agreement, is fair, reasonable, adequate, and in the best interests of the Class.
If you are one of the Class Member, namely consumers who fall within the definition of the Settlement Class and do not timely opt out, you should complete online claim filing at energysettlement.com.
- On the homepage is Notice and Information relating to the Settlement Wise v. Energy Plus Holdings LLC. Click on Important Dates and Deadlines for excluding yourself, for objecting, for filing a claim and for final approval hearing.
- Hit Online Claim Filing if you have no intention to be excluded from the proposed settlement and enter the claim number contained on the postcard you received below and then hit Next Step.
- If you disagree with any aspect of the proposed settlement and do not opt out, you may express your views to the Court in writing.
- For more information about Wise, et al. v. Energy Plus Holdings LLC Settlement Agreement, Preliminary Approval Order and Class Notice PDF files and answers to other questions, click on Class Notice, Court Documents and FAQs in the blue box on the upper left of the page.
“Depending on the choice of payment method that Settlement Class members make, the Settlement Agreement commits Energy Plus to making between $9,311,509.00 and $11,173,811.00 available for claims made by class members. Based on the state in which each class member resides and the number of bills he or she received from Energy Plus, class members are eligible to receive a check for between $6.00 and $101.00 dollars (the “Cash Option”).”
About Energy Settlement
It is a class action complaint filed against Energy Plus about its unfulfilling obligations and misleading representations to consumers. This lawsuit is pending in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York (the “Court”). The Court will hold a Final Approval Hearing (also known as a “Fairness Hearing”) at 11 a.m. on July 16, 2013 in Courtroom 20B of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, Daniel Patrick Moynihan United States Courthouse, 500 Pearl St., New York, NY 10007.
- Energy Settlement Homepage – energysettlement.com
- Energy Plus on Wikipedia – en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Plus