If your loved one incarcerated in prison from whom you haven’t heard for many weeks, months, or even years, CorrLinks is the kind of service you can turn to. CorrLinks provides an easier approach for inmates to contact with the outside world through emails. Owning a CorrLinks account is the prerequisite for communicating with people inside or outside the prison. You can get in touch with inmates through emails very conveniently.
About CorrLinks and CorrLinks Inmate Email
CorrLinks is the federal government’s official email system set up for federal inmates to communicate with the outside world. This system provides direct email access to federal inmates and other inmates in some state prisons offering such kind of service. This fee-based system allows family and friends to subscribe to CorrLinks, of which the incoming and outgoing messages are monitored and limited to 13,000 characters. The content of the email may not “jeopardize the public or the safety, security, or orderly operation of the correctional facility”.
How to Use CorrLinks Inmate Email
Before communicating with your loved ones through CorrLinks email, you will have to know the inmate number and wait until you are added to an inmate’s approved contact list. Then you will have to register a CorrLinks account:
- Go to CorrLinks official site (See Reference Link 1 Below) and click on “Register” as a new user.
- Enter your first name, last name, email address and password. If you have received an invitation email from an inmate, insert the identification code documented in the email, agree to the terms and click on “Next”.
- Should you previously get invited, the inmates information will pop up. Make sure you click Enable Email Alert so that you can receive an email from CorrLinks telling you that the inmate has sent you an email on CorrLinks.
- You may have to wait about half an hour before your request being approved.
Sending and receiving emails through CorrLinks system are easy:
- Visit corrlinks.com and log in with your account.
- Add inmate number of whom you want to communicate with to your address book. You will need to add a Federal inmate to your contact list with Identification Code sent to your email before you can contact him/her.
- Click on “Mailbox” to write an email and have it sent.
- Corrlinks Inmate Email Login: corrlinks.com
- Corrlinks Inmate Email FAQ