People in Georgia who have questions concerning health and human services can find answers at COMPASS in a convenient and quick way. COMPASS offers you information in several fields. You can check if you might be eligible for Food Stamps or other Assistance, apply for them online, check the status of your application, view your benefits and log on as a Community Partner.
COMPASS Apply for Public Assistance Benefits in Georgia Guide
You will find six sections on GA COMPASS website, which are: Am I Eligible, Apply for Benefits, Application Status Check, MyCOMPASS Account, and Partners/Providers.
Remember when you use COMPASS, do not click Forward, Back or Stop buttons on your browser, since errors will be caused at COMPASS if you do so. If you need to see previous pages, click on COMPASS pictures and links to move from page to page. Internet Explore version 5.5 or higher suits COMPASS best. Any problems with COMPASS, you can call the Online Services hotline at 1-877-423-4746.
For people who want to see if they are eligible to benefits:
- Click on image under Am I Eligible to see if you are eligible to any benefits like low-cost or no-cost health care, child support, aging service, etc. During this process which takes you about 15 minutes, you will be asked to tell some detailed information about yourself and your home.
- After you are finished, you will see if you might be able to get help from programs like Food Stamps, Medicaid, Child Care, and so on. But it is not a final decision, you will have to apply for those programs to get a final one.
- If you decide to continue, you can click on image under Apply for Benefits.
For people who want to apply for benefits:
- After you click on image under Apply for Benefits, choose start a new application and click on ‘Next” button to continue ( If you have already submitted application but gotten no reply yet, you can choose to check the status or view it. You can also keep working on an application that you have already started).
- Read the important information about income limits and verification, select the county you live and answer some questions to to calculate your income limits for the Food Stamps and TANF program. Then click ‘Next’ button.
- It is recommended that you create a secure account before application, because with an account you can save your application and come back to finish it latter, check the status of your application after you submit it, and upload any documents required. Check create an account and click on ‘Next’ button. Then enter your first name, last name, user ID, password, secret question, and answer to secret question. Then click on ‘Create Account’ button.
- When you create an account, log in and read the information, then click on ‘Next’ button. Choose the benefits you would like to apply for and click on ‘Next’ button. Read the information about benefits and complete the whole process.
For people who want to check the status of their applications:
- Click on image under Application Status Check
- Enter your user ID and password to log in with your account. Then the status of your COMPASS application will be listed on your screen. Please note: Applications that are in ‘Incomplete’ status will be deleted after 30 days and you will have to start a new application.
For people who want to view or review information about their benefits, or to report a change:
- Click on image under MyCOMPASS Account.
- Login with your MyCOMPASS account. Note: If you created a username and password to submit an application online, you cannot use this same username and password to manage your benefits. You will need to create a new username and password. To create an account, just click on ‘Create Account’ button and complete the process.
Georgia COMPASS Community Partners can click on image under Partner/Providers. Georgia COMPASS Community Partners are organizations such as State, County and Local Government Agencies, Department of Human Services (DHS) Agencies/Divisions, or Agencies contracted with DHS to provide direct community services to the Citizens of Georgia and Charitable Organizations.
Get answers to questions about health and human services in Georgia at compass.ga.gov.
Georgia Common Point of Access to Social Services offers a quick and easy way for people in Georgia to get answers to questions about health and human services. People can also apply for Food Stamps, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Medicaid, Child Care, WIC, Energy Assistance, Food Assistance, Child Support Services, Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services, etc.
- COMPASS FAQs – dfcs.dhs.georgia.gov/faq#DFCS1
- Locate Community Partners in Your Area – compass.ga.gov/selfservice/selfserviceController?id=0.8356617863666548&tab=940212
- Eligibility of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – fns.usda.gov/snap/applicant_recipients/eligibility.htm#income